Corporate Social Responsibility & Environmental Policy
Proud to be awarded the Gold Award for ‘Good Practise Throughout’, the Draycott Hotel ensures its practises are environmentally sustainable.
At the Draycott Hotel, we recognise the impact of our business on the environment and are committed to conducting the hotel in a way that ensures environmental sustainability.
We are proud to be members of the Green Tourism for London Scheme, which is the first independently audited green accreditation scheme for the tourism industry in London. The Green Tourism for London Scheme has over 150 measures of good sustainable practice related to running a successful tourism related operation.
At The Draycott Hotel we undertake the following actions to strive to responsibly lessen our impact on the environment wherever we sensibly can, by:
- We are factoring the environment in our everyday decision making at management meetings and with our Staff Consultative Committee.
- We are raising awareness and encouraging our staff to carry out more sustainable business practices by informing and involving them at induction and at regular training sessions.
- We are recycling paper, newspapers, glass, batteries, fluorescent and long life bulbs, cans and cartridges.
- We operate a ‘switch off’ policy for office staff to turn off computer equipment and printers when not in use.
- We have reduced our usage of harmful cleaning chemicals and replacing these with eco-friendly products wherever possible.
- We have reduced our usage of paper by printing double sided.
We very much welcome your support in achieving our aims and we appreciate any recommendations you have to further improve the hotel’s environmental performance.
Please feel free to email us any suggestions you might have.